There is no doubt that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It cannot be overstated that you should aim to start your day right and this begins with having a nutritious well-balanced meal for breakfast as this will provide you with sustenance and energy for whatever activities lay ahead. My favourite quote to back up my love for a good breakfast was by nutritionist Adelle Davis who rightly said: “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.”
Now at Side View, we understand how crazy Lagos gets and putting together a decent meal becomes more of a chore than it should be and so we have taken the time to collate a few places where you can dash in for your breakfast fix. You can decide to grab a quick bite early in the morning or order food on the go.
Take a look at a few places for the best fix…
- Samantha’s Bistro & Grill: Looking for classic French, Nigerian or Italian dishes, Samantha’s has got you covered. Open from 9 am every day except for Mondays where they open at 10 am, they are sure to give you that delightful breakfast you need. Find them at No. 2 Olawale Daodu Street Ikoyi.
- Pancake Hub: Known specifically for their pancakes, the hub promises you a finger-licking pancake experience. How would you know if you don’t give them a try? They can be found at No. 17 Jibowu Street, Jibowu-Yaba.
- Awoof Berekete: They pride themselves in being a 5-star quick service restaurant offering delicious local meals at affordable prices. They offer Nigerian meals and is one of the few restaurants to serve pap and drinking garri if you so desire these. They are located at No. 250 Ikorodu Road, Falemi House, Off Obanikoro Bus Stop.
- Craft Gourmet By Lou Baker: Located at No. 14 Idowu Martins St, Victoria Island, the restaurant which opens from 10 am on weekdays and 11 am on Sundays offers a wide range of Mediterranean, French and European options.
- Cafe Neo: No breakfast spot would be mentioned without adding Cafe Neo to the list. They have been likened to the Starbucks of Nigeria in that they made it easier for coffee lovers to have their coffee on the go. The best part is that they offer free wifi and are located in multiple spots on the Island and Ikoyi. They are definitely your go to if you are a light eater.
- Veggie Victory: Being a vegetarian or vegan can be pretty tough in Nigeria and they are here to help you out on that journey. They are self-acclaimed Nigerian’s first vegan food company and are located inside Freedom Park.
- Terra Kulture: They may be known for their love for art and culture and we can all agree that food is an important aspect of any cultural experience. They provide a fusion of African and American dishes and are located at Plot 1376, Tiamiyu Savage, Off Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island.
Did we mention your favourite go-to spot for breakfast? If not, kindly leave a comment below let’s know where you love to get the most important meal of the day!