Chef Nylah, owner of Nylah’s Catering uses butter, nutmeg, milk and other ingredients to make this diner rolls as soft as it looks.
1 cup milk room temperature
1/2 cup butter melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups all purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
Steps1) Combine all liquids in a mixing bowl with a teaspoon of sugar and the melted butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add yeast. Once it starts to bloom, you are good to go.
2) Add the remaining sugar, eggs, salt, and flour. With a dough hook attachment. Let the mixer run for 10mins.
3) Cover the dough and let it rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. You can also warm up your oven and use it as well.
4) Divide and roll dough into 50g rolls.
5) Place in a greased tray making sure they touch slightly. Cover and rise for 30 minutes.
6) Bake at 160 for 13 to 16 minutes.
7) Remove from oven. Using a pastry brush, glaze over some melted butter and return to the oven for 3-5mins.
8) Serve with compound butter or honey.
See other yummy recipes on Side View Eats here.