Take your rice game up a notch by trying out this recipe for Jambalaya rice.
Any cooking oil
1 pound of Smoked Sausage
1/2 pound of chicken (optional)
1 pound of shrimps
1 stick of celery
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
2 pieces of scotch bonnets
2 cloves of garlic
3- 4 cups of rice
2 stems of scallion
2 tablespoons of butter
1. Prepare all the ingredients
2. If you are using chicken, boil with your preferred seasoning and put the broth aside. Cut the chicken into small chunks.
3. Heat up the cooking oil in a pot, add the sausages and saute till they are brown. Take them out and put aside. Do the same for the chicken chunks.
4. Add the butter, celery, bonnet peppers and onions to the oil. Fry until the vegetables have softened a bit.
5. Add the tomatoes, scotch pepper, thyme, and garlic.
6. Pour the reserved chicken stock into the pot and bring to a boil.
7. Put in the rice, chicken, sausages and bay leaves.
8. Cook for about 15 minutes.
9. When the rice has absorbed most of the stock, add the shrimp, spring onions and the freshly-squeezed lemon juice. Stir.
10. Cover the pot with foil and lower the heat to a simmer for 10 minutes or until the stock is fully absorbed.