This easy to do recipe can best be described as fiery, hot and spicy.
- 1 whole chicken cut into parts
- 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme
- 1 nutmeg, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon bouillon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon ground Cameroon pepper
- 3 scotch bonnets (rodo), chopped
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Dash of hot sauce
How To Make It:
- Place the washed chicken in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice, salt and cover.
- Blend remaining ingredients until smooth and add a little water to loosen.
- Pour the jerk spice mixture into the bowl with chicken.
- Refrigerate for 5 hours. For maximum flavor, let the chicken marinate overnight.
- Grill the chicken for 20 – 30 minutes over a medium-hot fire until cooked through. Turn occasionally allowing both sides to char.
- Ready to serve!
Your jerk chicken can be eaten with jambayala rice, kelewele (spicy plantains) or can be eaten with the leftover jerk marinade and salad. Simply boil the marinade for a few minutes till sauce becomes glossy and has reduced.