This white wine sangria is easy to make, absolutely delicious and will add the merry to your Christmas celebration.
- 1/4 cup of vodka (this is optional; can be removed or if you want, you can add more vodka)
- 2 bottles of inexpensive sweet or dry white wine
- 2 orange (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 lemon (thinly sliced)
- 10 large strawberries (chopped)
- 1/2 pineapple (chopped)
- 1/4 watermelon
- 1 bottle of Sprite/Schweppes club soda
Note: you can add more fruits like blueberries, kiwi, grapes and raspberries and you can also remove some of the fruits listed above. The great thing about Sangria is that that you can spice them up or tweak them to your taste. So, don’t be afraid to go “overboard” with the fruits and alcohol. You can equally replace sprite with 1 cup of orange or pineapple juice.
When done, this will serve up to 10-15 people but can be stretched to serve 20 guests.
- In a pitcher, add all your sliced and chopped fruits.
- Then add your wine and vodka to the pitcher
- Mix them together and place in the refrigerator for 3-24 hours or overnight.
- Just before you’re ready to serve your Sangria, add your sprite or choice club soda.
And there you have it, your white wine sangria is ready to be served. To make it sweeter, you can 1/4 cup of granulated sugar or honey to your cocktail. Your sangria can be served in mason jars or any other wine glasses of your choice. If you will be using ice, put the ice in individual cups rather than directly in the pitcher.